Please Note: Treorchy Library will be running a limited service from the rear of the building whilst renovation work is carried out to the main library area. This will be in operation from September 27th – 13th of December, to find out more about this service - Read more
All libraries are now open to the public to allow browsing with the following precautions being kept in place.
- Order and Collect service to remain with collections to be made at reception desk.
- All borrowers must wear a face mask (unless medical reasons prevent this) and sanitise their hands upon entering the building.
- Public access PC’s, 2 Hr sessions reinstated along with walk in use no need for an appointment, social distancing rules will still apply.
- Borrowers encouraged to use self-service kiosks where available.
- Procedures put in place for staff monitoring of social distancing and borrower numbers and action will be taken if the library becomes overcrowded.
- Perspex screens at points where face to face contact may occur.
- Library shelving rearranged where possible to encourage social distancing and create one-way systems. If possible different entry and exit points to be used.
- Limited use of community meeting rooms will also be allowed.
- Use of the Reference areas to be allowed by drop in and appointment. Any local history materials used to be quarantined for 72 hours.
Please note all current Covid restrictions to service delivery will continue to apply until further notice.
Further service updates will be advertised when they are available.
Find libraries, opening hours and services available.
View how to Join your local library.
Search, reserve or renew a book, DVD, CD or Audio Book online
Reserve or renew a book, DVD, CD or Audio Book online.
Access computers, with internet connection free at your local library.
View our children and young people's resources and events.
Free access to a range of online resources through your library membership
Search for local and family history information.