RCT Employment Programmes
We have a number of grant funded employment support programmes running across Rhondda Cynon Taf, offering support and advice to all residents over 16, who are looking to get into employment, training or volunteering. You can also receive support to up-skill when you are in work.
Telephone number: 01443 425761
They are able to offer:
- One to one mentoring support, virtually or in person at a local venue
- A tailored pathway of support to meet your goals
- Access to a wide range of free training, work experience and volunteering opportunities
- Support to develop or update a CV, job search or make an application and prepare for interview
- Financial support to assist you taking up work or training, such as clothing for interviews, childcare or travel tickets
- Help to find suitable job opportunities
Using the STAR technique for the application form and interview questions
Giving examples of how you have done certain things in the past is a good way to answer job application and interview questions. If you use the STAR technique, it will help you to give the best answer possible:
Situation or Task
Describe the situation that you were in or the task that you needed to accomplish. You must describe a specific event or situation, not a generalised description of what you have done in the past. Be sure to give enough detail for the interviewer to understand. This situation can be from a previous job, from a volunteer experience, or any relevant event.
Action you took
Describe the action you took and be sure to keep the focus on you. Even if you are discussing a group project or effort, describe what you did - not the efforts of the team. Don't tell the interviewer what you might or would do; tell them what you actually did.
Results you achieved
What happened? How did the event end? What did you accomplish? What did you learn?