Our Occupational Therapy Service works with people of all ages with a physical disability or chronic illness. We can also support people who have difficulties with every day living because of mental ill health or a learning disability.
Everybody’s needs are different, so the services offered to each individual will be specific to them. The service we will provide to you may include:
- offering suggestions and practical help on how particular problems can be solved safely. This may involve advising you on using new techniques to cope better with daily living (like dressing, washing, bathing, mobility, cooking and eating meals, transferring to or from a bed, chair or toilet)
- overcoming loss of mobility and dexterity by supplying specialist equipment to help with everyday tasks
- looking at ways to adapt your home to make it more accessible and discussing grants for which you may be eligible to help you pay for the work
- advising you about the choices you have when considering moving to more suitable accommodation, if adapting your present home will prove difficult
- if you have a carer, providing them with practical assistance and advice to enable them to continue caring for you safely and comfortably
- referring you to our Reablement Team if we agree that you would benefit from a period of active rehabilitation to improve your independence and quality of life
- for disabled children we have an OT team who have specialist paediatric expertise to provide advice and support in relation to all areas of a child’s daily living, ensuring disabled children’s outcomes can be met safely within their environment.
Occupational Therapy for Adults
Optional help text
Occupational Therapy for Children
Emergency Out of Office Service provides an emergency response to a social care crisis outside of normal office hours, on bank holidays and at weekends. Telephone: 01443 743665