Equipment to aid reduced mobility or dexterity
If you would like specialist equipment to help with reduced mobility or dexterity, our Vision Products facility has a range of equipment that can meet many needs. You can visit one of their centres in Pontyclun or Aberdare or telephone them for more information;
Coedcae Lane Industrial Estate,
Tel: 01443 229988
Equipment to aid those with hearing or sight loss
For specialist equipment that can help people with hearing or sight loss, our Sensory Services Team may be able to advise. In this case, contact our First Response Team and ask for an assessment of need.
Equipment to aid those with physical, mental or learning disabilities.
Specialist equipment is available through telecare services, which are sensors fitted within the home to monitor safety of the occupants.
Following an assessment of your need, our Occupational Therapy Service may be able to help you to overcome difficulties you’re experiencing with a physical disability or chronic illness. They can also support people who have difficulties with everyday living because of mental ill health or a learning disability.
Everybody’s needs are different, so the services offered to each individual will be specific to them.
The service we will provide to you may include:
- offering suggestions and practical help on how particular problems can be solved safely. This may involve advising you on using new techniques to cope better with daily living (like dressing, washing, bathing, mobility, cooking and eating meals, transferring to or from a bed, chair or toilet)
- overcoming loss of mobility and dexterity by supplying specialist equipment to help with everyday tasks
- looking at ways to adapt your home to make it more accessible and discussing grants for which you may be eligible to help you pay for the work
- advising you about the choices you have when considering moving to more suitable accommodation, if adapting your present home will prove difficult
- if you have a carer, providing them with practical assistance and advice to enable them to continue caring for you safely and comfortably
- referring you to our Reablement Team if we agree that you would benefit from a period of active rehabilitation to improve your independence and quality of life
First Response Service
Tel: 01443 425003
Emergency Out of Office Service
provides an emergency response to a social care crisis outside of normal office hours, on bank holidays and at weekends.Telephone: 01443 743665 / 01443 657225