Grant assistance available to RCT residents to help you improve the energy efficiency of your home.
If you are an owner-occupier who does not have a working heating system or are interested in improving the energy efficiency of your home by upgrading an existing inefficient heating system, grant assistance is available through the Council’s Heating Grant. The Grant provides financial assistance for a range of heating upgrades including renewable energy heating options and (where required) other minor energy efficiency measures alongside heating options. . The grant is funded through UK Government’s Shared Prosperity Fund and can provide financial assistance up to a maximum of £5,000 for owner occupiers.
You must be an owner occupier and meet the following criteria :
- Have a net household income under £30,576 after any mortgage repayment costs
- Savings under £16,000
Please find all evidence you will be required to provide during your application in the related documents.
Please note you do not need to be in receipt of means tested benefits to apply. Grant assistance is identified based upon your circumstances and eligibility.
You may be eligible for assistance under the Welsh Government's Nest Scheme, you can seek advice from their team and see if your eligible for free home energy efficiency improvements here.
Heat and Save Grant Assistance
What you need to know
- The Council operates an ‘Approved Providers List’ of Installers that have applied to be registered onto the Council’s list for delivery of energy efficiency measures in RCT to help residents find suitable, registered installers.
- The contractor selected is the home-owner’s choice and all contractual relationships are between the property owner and the installer and not the Council.
- Any additional costs of works above the grant maximum must be met by the home owner (this can be via other assistance such as loans or other grant assistance, subject to eligibility)
- Any work completed prior to Grant Approval will not be eligible for grant aid
Our Advisors are also able to offer support and referrals for;
- Maximising income
- Debts and money management
- Reducing utility bills
- Available grant assistance for energy efficiency improvements to your home
Please find more information on support available here