Skip to main content

Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction - Report a Change of Circumstances

It is a criminal offence not to report a change in your circumstances. If you do not tell us about changes you could be awarded too much benefit/reduction and this could result in you losing benefit/reduction. 

If there are any changes in your circumstances (or of those living with you) you should let us know as soon as the change happens, even if you have only just claimed.

If you don't tell us or are slow to tell us, we may have paid you too much. You will need to pay the amount back or we could take it out of any benefit we are still paying you.

If you are unsure, you can view examples of the types of changes you must report.

You can report changes to your circumstances with regards to your Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction entitlement online

Please note: From time to time we may contact you to check there have been no changes in your circumstances. If we do this we will either visit you, send you a form in the post or telephone you.

If you wish to report a change of address and you receive Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction, please complete a form using the link below:
We aim to reply to you with regards to your change of circumstance claim within 10 working days.

Landlord - Change of tenant:

Use our change of tenant form to inform us if you have a change of tenant at your property.