How we use your personal information within the Hen Felin Training Centre
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
In this privacy notice we have summarised some of the key ways in which we use your personal information at the training centre. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council's corporate privacy notice.
1. Who we are, what we do
Hen Felin Training provides work based learning for people in Rhondda Cynon Taf who are over the age of 16 and have left school.
Typically we provide level 2 and 3 qualifications in:
- Early Years
- Teaching Assistant
- Health and Social Care
- Performing Manufacturing Operations
From time to time, the centre also provides other courses such as first aid, food hygiene and manual handling, in order to enhance the employment chances of the learners.
The centre also provides education for learners 18+ on apprenticeships in Care, Early Years and Teaching Assistance as a sub centre for ACT who are a training company based in Cardiff.
Within this notice we refer to the people we provide training to as ‘learners’ but this term also includes trainees and apprentices.
2. What and whose personal information we hold?
The types of information we collect and use relate to the learner e.g apprentice and will typically include:
- Contact details, including name, address, telephone number etc.
- Date of birth and gender
- Additional learning needs status, additional learning need/difficulty
- Educational attainment
- Assessment and progress on the course being followed
- Attendance on the course
- Health information
- Employment details
We hold information on past and present learners who have received services from us.
We sometimes also hold emergency contact details for the learners parent, carer or next of kin including:
- Name, address, home and work telephone number, relationship to the learner
We will also hold information on the apprentices employer, some of which may include person information:
- Contact details of the employer including name, address, email address
- Business information including number of employees, turnover etc
3. Where does the service get my information from?
The above information will be provided by:
- Learners directly
- ACT (the apprenticeship parent company)
4. What we will do with your personal information?
We will use this personal information for the following;
- Provide advice and guidance to the learner as they progress through the course.
- To enter and award external qualifications.
- To contact the learner in the case of unexplained or prolonged absence.
- To contact the parent/carer/emergency contact should the need arise.
- To obtain funding
- To contact the relevant authorises or emergency services in circumstances of wellbeing or safeguarding
5. What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
Data Protection law says that we are allowed to use and share personal information only where we have a proper and lawful reason for doing so.
Our lawful basis for processing this information is:
To undertake our official Council duties and to satisfy our legal obligations under the following pieces of legislation:
- Education Act 1996 and 2002
- The post 16 planning and funding framework 2013
- The Employment Rights Act 1996
- The Specification of Apprenticeship Standards for Wales 2013
- Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009
6. Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?
For the Service to undertake its duties and provide the relevant services to the learner we typically share your information with the following:
- Schools - To inform school of successful training application and attendance regarding safeguarding protocols
- ACT (the apprenticeship parent company).
- Apprenticeship qualification organisations (e.g. EDEXCEL and ACW)
- The apprentices employer
- Welsh Government
7. How long will my information be kept?
We will keep your personal information for 6 years. For those who are under 18, the 6 year period will commence when they reach their 18th birthday.
8. Your information, your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you important rights, including the right to access the personal information the services hold about you.
View further details on your information rights and how to exercise them.
9. Contact us
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the service using your personal information please contact us in one of the following ways:
By email: Martyn.Silezin@rctcbc.gov.uk
By telephone: 01443 281165
In writing: 14-19 Section, Pavillion D, Clydach Vale, CF40 2XX