VISION PRODUCTS PVCu Customers Privacy Notice.
How we use your personal information for VISION PRODUCTS purposes.
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
We have summarised in this privacy notice some of the ways in which VISION PRODUCTS uses customers, sub-contractors and housing association tenant personal information for the supply of PVCu Products. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s corporate privacy notice.
1. Who we are, what we do.
Vision Products is part of Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council that, amongst other services, manufacture, supply and install PVCu products such as windows and doors directly to both the public and private contractors.
Vision Products also supplies PVCu products to a number of social housing providers such as Hafod Housing Association, Trivallis and Rhondda Housing Association.
Because we make use of customer’s, sub-contractors and Social Housing Providers and their tenants personal information, we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with it and who it may be shared with.
2. What and whose personal information we hold.
We hold information on past and present customers and contractors who have ordered and purchased PVCu products from us, such as windows and doors.
We also hold information on past and present Social Housing Providers and their tenants who we have supplied PVCu products to at the request of the housing association, to help improve the condition of the property and to help meet the Welsh Housing Quality Standards.
The type of information we hold will typically include:
- Customer’s/Tenant’s contact details, including their name, address, telephone numbers and email.
- Contact details for sub-contractors and housing associations.
- Details of the PVCu products ordered.
- Delivery requirements, restrictions, household risks and hazards.
- Payment details.
- Customer relationship and management information.
- A record and feedback from customer services, surveys, comments and complaints.
3. Where does the service get my personal information from?
The information that we collect and keep about our customers will be provided to us by you when you place an order and pay for any PVCu products or services that you have asked us to manufacture and supply.
We will also receive customer information from a third party, such as a contractor/ builder/ fitter, when they ask us to manufacture and supply any of our PVCu products and services.
We will also receive customer information from a social housing provider. For example, Trivallis, Hafod Housing Association, Rhondda Housing Association when they ask us to supply them with PVCu products and services to meet certain housing standards and to improve the safety and security of the homes they let.
4. What we will do with your personal information?
We will use the information that our customers and others share with us:
- To process an order and take payment for the products and services that we have been asked to supply
- To complete a survey of your home and identify any risks or hazards to our delivery staff and/or fitting sub-contractors.
- To arrange delivery of any PVCu products that have been ordered.
- To keep a record of the PVCu products that have been supplied and delivered.
- To run our business and keep a record of our customers, contractors or Landlords details and the goods and services they have received.
- For payment, tax and debt collection purposes.
- To help prevent and detect fraud or loss.
- To deal with any enquiries or issues our customers, contractors or landlords may have about our products and services.
- For health and safety and quality assurance purposes.
- To register your PVCu goods for any guarantee that is given with our products and services.
- To comply with any procedures, laws and regulations which apply to our products and services.
- To verify that all work has been completed.
- To complete customer satisfaction surveys and questionnaire
5. What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
Data Protection law says that we are allowed to use and share personal information only where we have a proper and lawful reason for doing so.
Our lawful basis for processing our customer’s, contractors and Social Housing Providers and their tenant’s personal information will be either to:
To fulfil any contractual obligations that we have with our customers when they have ordered and paid for the PVCu products that we have supplied.
To fulfil any contractual obligations that we have with sub-contractors, builders/ fitters when they have ordered and paid for the PVCu products that we have supplied.
To fulfil any contractual obligations that we have with a Social Housing Providers when they have ordered and paid for the PVCu products that we have supplied.
6. Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?
We may have to share your name, address, contact details and details of the products to be delivered to your home with a third party to arrange delivery of PVCu products to your home.
We will have to share information about any risks and hazards that have been identified in your home with third parties that we work closely with to ensure the safe delivery and /or installation of the PVCu products have been supplied.
We will also share customer details with organisations that guarantee the PVCu products we manufacture such as FENSA.
We will only share your personal information with trusted organisations that we work in partnership with to manufacture and supply our PVCu products.
If Vision Products experiences difficulties in obtaining payment due for the services provided, the information of the debt will be shared with RCT Finance Department who will begin the debt recovery process on our behalf.
7. How long will you keep my information for?
For administrative reasons and to comply with the terms and conditions of any guarantee records are kept for a minimum of 10 years for warranty purposes.
8. Your information, your rights.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you important rights, including the right to access the personal information the services hold about you.
Click here https://www.rctcbc.gov.uk for further information about your information rights and how to exercise them.
9. Contact us.
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how we use your personal information please contact us at: