How we use your personal information for Childcare Delivery purposes
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
We have summarised in this privacy notice some of the key ways in which we use your personal information for Child Care Delivery purposes. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s corporate privacy notice
1. Who we are, what we do.
The Childcare Delivery Team oversee the quality of child care settings for both Council run and commissioned (external) settings.
Within the local authority-run settings, the Childcare Delivery Team are registered to provide this childcare service under Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) and as such we ensure that all legal requirements for data collected is in line with CIW standards and regulations.
2. What and whose personal information we hold?
We hold information about children in our care and their family. The types of information we hold and process will typically include;
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Ethnic Origin
- Family’s First Language
- any allergies/dietary requirements/medical conditions or is registered has having a disability
- Date of their last hearing test
- Recent immunisations
- Both parents names and relationship to child
- If named on the Birth Certificate
- If they are under 25 years old
- Contact details - email address, mobile number and land line number and work number if available
- Address, if different from the child’s
- We ask if either parent has a disability
- We ask if there any person(s) who DO NOT have legal access to their child
- We ask for the names and contact details of the professionals involved with the child eg:
- Health Visitor, Doctor, Dentist and any other professionals we need to know of.
- We also ask for two other adults’ names and contact number in the case of emergency.
3. Where does the service get my information from?
All the information we have relating to you and your child(ren) comes directly from you when completing the Parent Registration form (from Flying Start central team) and also the individual settings registration form.
4. What will we do with your personal information?
We use the information to plan and meet the individual needs for your child whilst at the setting.
5. What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
Data Protection law says that we are only allowed to use and share personal information where we have proper and lawful reasons for doing so.
The Council has a Legal duty to provide child care settings in line with the Children and Families Wales measure 2010 and various other Child Minding regulations which can be found on the Care Inspectorate Wales website.
6. Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?
Yes, we will share your information when your child moves onto an educational setting or other provider as part of a transition process.
Information is only shared with outside organisations such as health, once agreement has been received from you (the parent). However, if a member of staff has any concerns about the safety of a child, or if they are at risk, information will be shared with the relevant agencies without the parent’s agreement.
7. How long will my information be kept?
Your information will be kept in line with legislation and for no longer than necessary for the purpose of which it was collected.
8. Your information, your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you important rights, including the right to access the personal information the services hold about you
View further details on your information rights and how to exercise them
9. Contact us
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the service using your personal information please contact us in one of the following ways:
- By email : Rachael.firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone : 01443 281437
- In writing : Childcare Delivery Team Manager, Ty Trevithick, Abercynon, RCT, CF45 4UQ