How we use your personal information for Call Recording purposes
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
We have summarised in this privacy notice some of the key ways in which we use your personal information for [The Blue Badge Parking Permit Scheme] purposes. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s corporate privacy notice.
1. Who we are, what we do.
When contacting our contact centre, you will be notified that your call will be recorded for security, training, and data protection purposes on the following telephone lines:
- 01443 425001 – Environmental Services
- 01443 425002 – Council Tax, Business Rate and Benefits
- 01443 425003 - Community & Children Services
- 01443 425004 - Planning
- 01443 425005 - General Enquiries
- 01443 425011 – Emergency Response
- 01443 425014 – Consultation Line
- 01443 425025 – Santa Appeal
- Lifeline Emergency Alarm
All personal information discussed as part of your conversation will be recorded except for:
- Calls where payments are made (call recording is automatically stopped whilst payment details are taken)
- Calls that leave the contact centre, i.e. transferred to other internal departments, (recording stops at the point of transfer)
If you do not want your personal information recorded, you have the option to terminate the call, however, without the Council receiving this information from you we would be unable to help you and direct your call to the relevant department.
2. What and whose personal information we hold?
If you decide to proceed with your telephone call, your personal information may be shared with other Council services or partner organisations to assist you with your query.
The type of information may vary from each telephone call but can typically include:
- Contact details such as name, address, telephone number, email address.
- Family Information, for example names, addresses, telephone numbers, date of birth etc.
- Your date of birth and national insurance number.
- Financial Information, including employment, income, and bank account details.
- Information about your or the subject matters health.
3. Where does the service get my information from?
We will get this information from:
- You, when you contact the Council.
- Someone contacting us on your behalf, such as a relative or friend
- Information provided by an elected Councillor if they are assisting you with your query.
4. What will we do with your personal information?
We will use your information to:
- Investigate and resolve complaints
- Detect, Investigate, and prevent Crime, i.e. fraud
- Review call quality, for staff training and development
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of employees, against threats made to the Council and individuals.
- Improve Customer satisfaction.
5. What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
Our lawful basis for processing your personal information is to protect the legitimate interests of the Council, its call centre employees, and its service users in the following way:
- To ensure you receive a high quality service from us
- To protect our employee’s personal safety and wellbeing
A third party would reasonably expect to be subject to call monitoring in the above specific situations.
6. Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?
Yes, from time to time we will share your personal information with other Council departments or external Organisations to help process your enquiry, such as
- Other Council Services for the resolution of complaints and fraud investigations
- Police regarding criminal investigations
- Fire & Ambulance Service if we think anyone is at risk
7. How long will my information be kept?
Information will be kept for 3 years following your application being submitted
8. Your information, your rights
We will keep the call recording for 13 months. Any information passed onto other council departments will be kept for as long as they require the information to deal with your query/case.
9. Contact us
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the service using your personal information please contact us in one of the following ways: