Skip to main content

In Year Transfers (Moving schools during the school year)

Changing school during the school year is a serious step for your child(ren) to take. In the case of moving the family home, such a decision may well be a necessity. 
You will need to contact your local school or the School Admissions Team for advice at this time. 
  • If you decide that you would like your child to transfer from one school to another, please contact their present Headteacher first to make them aware of your decision. 
  • Should you wish to proceed with the transfer arrangements you should contact the School Admissions Team for advice in making your application to the new school.

Useful information:

  • Starting Schools Booklet
School Admissions

Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council,

Education and Inclusion Services

Ty Trevithick


Mountain Ash

CF45 4UQ

Tel: 01443 281111