Skip to main content

Residential parking permit - Change of vehicle

If you change your vehicle during the permit year, you will need to inform us of these changes so that we can amend your residential parking permit details. You can report these changes to us online. You can then be issued with a new permit at a charge of £12

Alternatively, you can inform us of a change of vehicle by contacting: 01443 425001

Your duties as a permit holder

It is your duty to ensure:

  • your permit is valid
  • your permit has not expired
  • that the registration number is correct
  • your permit is used in accordance with the conditions of use


The Council's Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs) regularly patrol Residential Parking Zones. Vehicles observed to be parked without displaying a valid permit in such zones may receive a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) of up to £70.

Data Protection

Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council will process the information you have provided on this form in accordance with Data Protection Legislation. To learn more about how we use your personal data when processing parking permits please visit our service privacy notice.

Fraudulent claims

The information you provide may be crosschecked and verified against information held about you by other Council departments. You may be liable to prosecution for knowingly making a false declaration and/or any permit issued may be cancelled.

Withdrawal of a permit

A permit may be withdrawn or invalidated if:

  • it is found that a permit is not being used in accordance with the conditions of use
  • it is found that a person is no longer eligible to hold a permit
  • the permit is altered or defaced in any way, or passed to unauthorised users