Skip to main content

Student council tax exemptions - Make an application

There are circumstances relating to students which may lead to a Council Tax exemption:
  • students aged 20 or under taking a qualifying course of education which is not higher education
  • other full time students included in the above categories who are undertaking a course of education lasting for at least an academic or calendar year
  • foreign language students appointed as a foreign language assistant at a school or college and registered with the Central Bureau for Educational Visits and Exchange.
  • Properties occupied only by students
  • Property left empty by a student who owns the property
Apply for a Student Exemption online

Please Note: To complete the application form you will need to submit proof of study. This can be a student Enrolment Card or Student Certificate and must be in an image or PDF format.

If you would like to cancel your student exemption please complete the Council Tax - Cancel Discounts or Exemptions form

You must continue to pay your current Council Tax bill while the outcome of your application is decided. If this causes any problem, please contact us or visit the Difficulties Paying Your Bill page

Cancel a student exemption online

You must inform us immediately if your personal circumstances, living arrangements or financial/income situation changes as it could effect your entitlement to a discount. 

Please write to:

Oldway House / Ty Oldway,
CF39 9ST

Telephone: 01443 425002
Minicom: 01443 680708