Skip to main content

Council tax single persons discount - Make an application

The full council tax bill is based on two adults living in a property.

If only one person, aged 18 or over, lives in the property, you will be eligible a single person discount of 25%.

We may need to decide where someone's main home is. For example, if they work away from home or if they have more than one home.

You can apply for your single persons' council tax discount online
If you would like to cancel your single person discount please complete the  Council Tax - Cancel Discounts or Exemptions form

You must continue to pay your current Council Tax bill until the outcome of your application has been decided. If this causes any problem, please contact us immediately or visit the Difficulties Paying Your Bill page.

Cancel a single person discount online

You must inform us of any changes in your personal circumstances, living arrangements or financial/income situation which could affect your entitlement. 

Please write to:

Oldway House
CF39 9ST

Telephone: 01443 425002
Minicom: 01443 680708