Welsh Government has made available funding to support the childcare sector in RCT navigate the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic is causing. The purpose of the grant is to:
- Support settings that have to undertake a full or partial closure due to positive cases of COVID-19 and following instruction from PHW / TTP. Applications can be made retrospectively for any full or partial closures from 14th September 2020 onwards. This Grant can be claimed for up to 3 separate full or partial closure periods.
- Cover increased costs associated with COVID-19, such as additional heating, cleaning or uniform costs or premises related costs due to settings not being able to open or operate at full capacity.
- Provide financial support to childcare settings that are experiencing severe financial hardship due to COVID-19 and where no other public funding is available to cover the same costs.
You can apply for 1 or more grant type.
Who can apply?
- Full day care nursery
- Out of school care (after school/holiday)
- Sessional care (playgroup/Cylch Meithrin)
- Wraparound care for nursery aged children
Priority will be given to CIW registered settings. Funding may be available for unregistered settings on condition that they demonstrate commitment to becoming CIW registered within 12 months of this application. You must also:
- Be based in Rhondda Cynon Taf
- The organisation must not be wholly funded by Flying Start
- Be registered with FIS or agree to register in the next 12 months
- Agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the grant
- Agree to receive support, advice and training emails and updates from RCT Childcare Team
Please read the guidance fully before making an application LINK TO GUIDANCE
The closing date for applications for all sections is Friday 26th February 2021 *this will be extended*. The closing date may be brought forward if all available funds have been committed.
You can fill in the application form online
If you have any queries related to the grants please email RCTChildcareGrants@rctcbc.gov.uk