Skip to main content

Cwm Taf Morgannwg Substance Misuse Area Planning Board (APB)

There is help available for anyone concerned about their own or someone else’s alcohol or drug use during the Coronavirus outbreak.

The usual range of support services, for all ages, is still available via telephone support and with face to face appointments being provided when needed.substance misuse

  • For support in Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf during working hours 9 am to 5 pm contact:


DASPA is the Drug and Alcohol Single Point of Access service and first point of contact for people looking for support or advice regarding drug and alcohol misuse across Cwm Taf.

DASPA provides advice and signposting for service users, young people, parents, family members and concerned others and ensures referrals are made to the most appropriate services, making it quick and easy for the caller to access the support they need.

If you would like to speak to someone, free and confidentially, please call DASPA.
Tel: 0300 333 0000

  • For Bridgend, during working hours 9am to 5pm contact


AADAS is the first point of contact for people looking for support or advice regarding drug and alcohol misuse in Bridgend. 

AADAS offers a single point of access for assessments, information and advice about alcohol and drug abuse for people concerned about their misuse, and those seeking confidential help and advice because a friend/ family member is misusing.
Tel: 01792 530719

  • Support Out of hours contact:

Dan 24/7

The helpline will assist individuals, their families, carers, and support workers within the drug and alcohol field to access appropriate local and regional services.

Wales Drug and Alcohol Website

For help out of office hours please call dan 24/7 

Tel: 0808 808 2234 or text DAN to: 81066

More information is available by visiting or for latest updates, tips and advice you can follow barod on facebook or twitter. Similarly for Bridgend services further information is available by visiting or by following the WCADA facebook page.

The Substance Misuse Commissioning Team can be contacted on

  • Please note: The remainder of this website is currently being developed.