The Council uses Social Media to provide residents, visitors and service users with latest news, information and service updates.
Different accounts are used by the Council to communicate most effectively. In addition to the Council’s corporate accounts, services such as Leisure, Theatres, Youth Engagement and Heritage all have their own social media accounts.
What Users Can Expect from Rhondda Cynon Taf Council
- Residents, service users and visitors to RCT who choose to interact with us on our social media platforms can expect information provided to be accurate and consistent.
- If you ask a specific question, please be aware the Council provides a range of information and services online – you may be signposted to our website for more information, an answer to a question or to one of our e-forms for you to report an issue.
- If required we will log your issue with our customer services team and will provide you with a reference so you can check progress
- In certain circumstances you may be referred to the Council’s FOI email address. This is to ensure we capture all of the necessary details to fully answer your query.
- Times during which accounts are monitored are on the respective bio for each account. If your query is urgent or you need an answer outside of these periods please visit www.rctcbc.gov.uk/contactus to find the best way to get in touch.
- We recognise that people expect to be answered quickly on social media and we will do our best. However it is important appropriate time is taken to ensure we respond accurately and we may need to check details with colleagues in other departments before doing so. If a response is required we will provide an acknowledgement within one working day before providing an answer within 15 working days. This is in line with the Council’s Customer Care Charter.
- We may sometimes ask you to contact a Council service area directly or ask you to provide contact details via DM or Messenger should we not be able to help resolve your query. Please do not post personal information publicly.
- General comments or questions not relating to Council business or services may not receive a response due to the amount of traffic we receive on our accounts.
- Where online communities have their own rules and guidelines, we'll normally follow those.
- Where possible, we will rely on the measures of protection and intervention which the social networking site already has in place (e.g. against illegal, harmful or offensive content), for example by flagging comments or alerting them to any breaches of the site's terms and conditions.
- We may re-tweet or share content which we think would be of interest and/or follow or like pages or accounts – this is not an endorsement of an account or other content from that account
- Similarly we may not re-tweet or share content, please don’t take this personally!
Social Media Use – What Rhondda Cynon Taf Council Expects:
We want to engage and interact with residents, service users and visitors to RCT as effectively as we can through Social Media. In order to do so, when engaging with the Council on social media please:
- Be civil, tasteful and relevant
- Do not post messages that are unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- Do not swear
- Do not post content copied from elsewhere, for which you do not own the copyright
- Do not post the same message, or very similar messages, more than once (also called "spamming")
- Do not publicise your or anyone else's personal information, such as contact details
- Do not advertise products or services
- Do not impersonate someone else
The Council will not respond to social media posts which do not comply with the above and, if necessary, will take action to block, hide, delete or report as appropriate in line with the Council’s Unreasonably Persistent Customers Policy.