How we use your personal information for Leisure Strategy purposes
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
We have summarised in this privacy notice some of the key ways in which we use your personal information for Leisure Service purposes. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s corporate privacy notice
1. Who we are, what we do.
Sport RCT and Health Development Services enable and provide the delivery of sporting, health and physical activity opportunities to the population of RCT and surrounding areas. These services include: The National Exercise Referral Scheme (NERS), Community Joint Care Scheme (CJC), Support To Access Recreation Schemes (STARS), Get Out, Get Active Scheme (GOGA), community physical activity and health schemes, opportunities to participate in sport and physical activity, training for delivery staff, a sports volunteering scheme and access to grant funding.
2. What and whose personal information we hold?
We may collect and hold the following information on our customers:
- Name and date of birth.
- Contact information including email address, household address and school/college address.
- Emergency contact details.
- Information relating to a person’s health and wellbeing, including their medical history.
- Photographic consent information.
3. Where does the service get my information from?
- We gather direct customer information via application forms, referral forms and the RCT website.
- We may also hold information supplied by Allied Health Professionals.
- We may also hold information provided by a school or educational establishment.
- We hold information generated from participation in our services such as health information, usage data and satisfaction feedback.
4. What we will do with your personal information?
We require this information to ensure that the service is appropriate and meets your needs.
It may also be used for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically distribute information regarding the service or new services
- Essential information such as emergency contact details and medical information will be given to delivery staff to ensure appropriate standards of health and safety.
- With specific consent, photographs and personal case studies may be shared with the public and funding organisations through social media, websites, press reporting and digital reporting.
- To provide information to referrers on participation and outcomes for an individual that has been referred into a service.
- To provide anonymised participation and outcome data to funding organisations.
5. What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
Sport RCT and Health Development Services enable and provide the delivery of sporting, health and physical activity opportunities to the population of RCT and surrounding areas. Our lawful basis for processing personal information for these is a Public Task.
Opportunities to participate in sport and physical activity, training for delivery staff, a sports volunteering scheme rely on Consent.
6. Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?
Progress updates are given back to the referrer, e.g. Health professionals, education.
Volunteers details are shared with Community Organisations for potential volunteer placement opportunities.
7. How long will my information be kept?
You can contact us to have your record removed and deleted from our systems at any time, if you no longer participate in the services we offer.
We will remove and securely destroy any records of personal information, on completion of the service or if you have not taken part in the service for over a year.
8. Your information, your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you important rights, including the right to access the personal information the services hold about you.
View further details on your information rights and how to exercise them
9. Contact us
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the service using your personal information please contact us in one of the following ways:
By email : SportRCT@rctcbc.gov.uk
By Telephone : 01443 562202
In writing : Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council, Abercynon Sports Centre, Parc Abercynon, Abercynon, Mountain Ash, CF45 4UY