How we use your personal information for processing and managing Community Asset Transfers.
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
We have summarised in this privacy notice some of the key ways in which we use your personal information for Community Asset Transfers. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s Corporate Privacy Notice.
1. Who we are, what we do.
RCT Together – Community Development Team, facilitates the process for the transfer of Council Buildings and/or land to not for personal profit community organisations, such as but not limited to; social enterprises or Town and Community Councils.
The aims of Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council’s Community Asset Transfers are to:
- encourage local communities and groups (new or existing) to become empowered and active citizens by managing local buildings or land parcels in their local area.
- develop capacity within communities and promote shared use of community buildings through a collaborative approach between public, private, voluntary and community sectors.
- safeguard buildings and services for community use and benefit.
2. What and whose personal information we hold?
To process and manage Community Asset Transfers, the types of information we collect and use will typically include:
- Role within the Organisation/Group applying for the Community Asset Transfer
- Contact Details: Address; telephone number; email address
- Skills and Experience
- Language Preference
3. Where does the service get my information from?
We obtain this information directly from a person/s who apply for a Community Asset Transfer on behalf of an organisation.
4. What we will do with your personal information?
We use this information to:
- Identify good community-based proposals for sustainable use of public buildings, or land currently owned by the Council
- Consider the transfer of buildings or land management to your organisation/group
- To process an Expression of Interest, Business Plan or Funding Application.
- Contact you to provide information about the asset transfer or to discuss any future actions in relation to the asset transfer
- Process the freehold or leasehold transfer for a building, or land currently owned and managed by Rhondda Cynon Taf Council.
- Provide support to help sustain an existing Community Asset Transfer where the group, building or land parcel may be at risk.
Where you have consented, we will additionally use this information to provide information to internal teams, third parties/commissioned partners to support you;
- Through the proposed transfer;
- To access funding.
- To access specialist support (if required)
- Provide timely support to enable any historical community asset transfer to remain sustainable
5. What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
Data Protection law says that we are allowed to use and share personal information only where we have a proper and lawful reason for doing so.
Our lawful basis for processing personal information is to process and manage the transfer of a Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council asset to a third party; to which you are party.
6. Does the service share my personal information?
Yes, the Community Asset Transfer Team will share your information with;
- Internal Council Departments in order to fulfil the purposes for obtaining your information (see section 4)
- Cabinet and Cabinet Members to seek approval of Community Asset Transfer
- Other voluntary sector support agencies, funders, third party community group(s), social enterprise(s) or Town and Community Council(s) when working together in collaboration on a Council Asset Transfer
- The RCT Together web page will publish successful Asset Transfers that have taken place, and therefore this information will be in the public domain.
- We will only share information with third parties when you have consented to do so.
Details relating to what you/your organisation want to do to deliver a service/manage a Council Asset as part of your initial Expression of Interest will be made publicly available online as part of the Council’s “Window of Opportunity”. This will contain details of the organisation’s expression of interest only and will not contain any personal information.
7. How long will my information be kept?
Your information will be held for as long as it is required under the Legal requirement to transfer a Council Asset, and to administer funding applications as required by funders.
8. Your information, your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) outlines your rights, including the right to access, the personal information the services hold about you.
Click here for further information on your information rights and how to exercise them.
9. Contact us
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the service uses your personal information, please contact us in one of the following ways;
By email: Syd.email@example.com (Service Manager)
By telephone:01443 425368
In writing: Ty Elai, Dinas Isaf East, Williamstown, Tonypandy, CF40 1NY