You have the right to be confident that the Council is handling your personal information responsibly and in line with good practice. If you have a query, concern or complaint about the way the Council is handling your information we ask that you first raise the matter with the Council and give us the opportunity to put things right.
Raising an informal query
If you have a general query about the way the Council is handling your personal information we ask that you first raise the matter with the service to which the information relates. Most queries can be resolved quickly via a simple phone call or email to the service.
Raising a formal concern / complaint
All formal concerns or complaints about the way the Council is handling your personal information will be logged, dealt with and responded to in accordance with the Council’s Complaint Policy.
View the Councils Complaints and Concerns Policy
How to submit a complaint
You may submit a concern or complaint about the way the Council is handling your personal information in the language of your choice and through a range of channels:
Comments, compliments and complaints form
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone us on 01443 425005
- Write to us at customer feedback, RCTCBC, Bronwydd, Porth, RCT, CF39 9DL
- Visit one of our One4aLL Centres (please note that an appointment may be required)
- Request a copy of our complaint form from the member of staff you are already in contact with. Tell them that you want us to deal with the matter formally.
Getting independent advice
If you have exhausted the Council’s complaints process and continue to have concerns about the way in which your personal information is being handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint and/or seek advice and guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Up-to-date contact information can be found at ICO