How to Apply for a Hypnotism consent.
Any exhibition, demonstration or performance of hypnotism (as defined in the Hypnotism Act 1952) on any person requires the express written consent of the council as the Licensing Authority and must comply with the adopted conditions.
You, as the applicant, or your agent must apply for consent at least 28 days in advance of the performance.
This period may be reduced where a hypnotist has performed at the same venue within the last three years without any problems occurring.
The council will normally respond within seven to 14 days, except where the hypnotist has previously performed in the same venue. The applicant must forward a copy of the application to the Chief Officer of Police and the Fire Authority.
The application should contain the following information:
- The name (both real and stage name, if different) and address of the person who will give the performance, along with details of their last three performances (where and when)
- A statement, including full details, as to whether the hypnotist has previously:
- Been refused, or had a consent withdrawn by any licensing authority
- Been convicted of an offence under the Hypnotism Act 1952
- Committed an offence involving the breach of a condition regulating a performance, or has been prohibited from giving a performance of hypnotism on any person at a place licensed under the Licensing Act 2003 or any other place
View the Performance of Stage Hypnotism conditions of consent.
There is no fee for a Hypnotism consent.
You can make an application on line by visiting GOV.uk