The Big Welsh Bite Isn't Just For Kids!
The Big Welsh Bite festival
returns to Ynysangharad War Memorial Park in Pontypridd on August 3 and 4.
Many people think the event, with its racing llamas, BMX stunt displays, parkour, funfair and farm animals is just for kids – but that is not the case.
Here are some ideas the (big) kids can enjoy at the Big Welsh Bite.
1. Enjoy the pop up bar and beer garden area. Event sponsor Glamorgan Brewing Company will be bringing ice-cold drinks to the event. Choose from an acclaimed, lager, ale, cider or even gin slush, relax in the open air and listen to live music.
2. Get your munch on. Whether you enjoy traditional barbecues or fancy Venezuelan street food, Indian spice infused fudge, organic fruit and veg, wood-fired pizza, cheese or olives, there’s loads on the menu.
3. Get inspired with meal ideas. Geoff Tookey makes whipping up simple, delicious meals the whole family will enjoy look easy. He will be delivering cookery demos of a range of dishes throughout the Saturday and Sunday.
4. Get your taste on! Flavoured gins? Local wine and cider – enjoy it all at the Big Welsh Bite. But please remember alcohol purchased from stalls cannot be consumed anywhere in the park and only drinks brought from the Glamorgan Brewing Company can be consumed in their bar area – ta!
5. Icing on the cake. Great British Bake Off favourite Jon Jenkins will be demonstrating how to make sweet treats.
6. Try something new. Big Welsh Bite is a celebration of life in RCT and we have local cheese, fudge, Welsh cakes, ice cream, meat produce and more to enjoy.
7. Browse bespoke arts and crafts. There will be a craft zone where you can browse and purchase a range of items from some of RCT’s craftiest residents!
8. Remember you are never too old to cheer on a racing llama, rediscover your inner Evil Knievil as you watch the BMX stunts or even have a spin on a fairground ride