- Your rubbish will be collected on your fortnightly waste collection day.
- Your rubbish is for household items which cannot be recycled. Recycling bags should NOT be used as a black bag.
- There is a limit to the amount of black bag/bin waste you can put out for collection
No wheelie bin
2 Standard supermarket refuse bags
If you have a wheelie bin
No additional bags and the wheelie bin lid must close
Disposing of PPE and waste that may contain Coronovirus
Please dispose of waste that may contain the virus in the following way:
- Please be reminded that tissues, kitchen roll or toilet paper used to blow nose etc should be disposed of in your BLACK BAG or bagged inside a wheelie bin.
- Put ALL PPE, face coverings and disposable cleaning cloths in to a black bag(s) or bagged inside a wheelie bin.
- Then put the bag into a second black bag, tie it securely and keep separate from other waste. Wait 72 hours before putting it out for collection or in your wheelie bin.
- DO NOT place these items in your recycling bags as they cannot be recycled.
What happens if I exceed my allowance?
Any additional waste will not be collected and residents are likely to receive a visit from the Council's Enforcement Officers.
Those residents who choose to repeatedly refuse to recycle or ignore advice and warnings from Enforcement Officers will as a last resort be issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice of £100.
You can contact the Council for advice to help you to reduce your black bag waste and increase recycling, alternatively use the search below to identify which bin or bag your waste goes in.
If you have special circumstances and feel that you will NOT be able to manage under this black bag/bin limit please Contact us on 01443 425001
Find out what can and can't be recycled in Rhondda Cynon Taf.