How do you sign up for Nappy Recycling?
Nappy recycling is a FREE weekly recycling scheme offered to residents of Rhondda Cynon Taf.
What happens next?
Within 2 weeks of signing up you will receive a set of purple nappy recycling bags. Your collection day may not be the same as your refuse and recycling collection day.
How to recycle your nappies?
Simply pop each used/soiled nappy into the purple bag. On your allocated collection day, put your tied bag(s) at your usual bin collection point for collection.
Please note the following:
- Nappies cannot be placed in clear recycling bags and you must join the scheme for collections to begin
- If your bag(s) have not been collected it is likely that you are not registered for the scheme and you will need to join the scheme
- Collection days may be subject to change – however we will notify you of any collection changes beforehand
- Please do not overfill your purple bags, additional bags may be used, if required
- Please tie the top of your bag on the day of collection.
- Nappies, wet wipes and nappy bags only can be placed in your purple bags - if any other waste is present in your purple bags it will not be collected
If your bag(s) are not out for collection for more than 4 weeks, we will assume that you no longer require the service and your address will be removed from these collections
- Please take your nappy recycling supplies with you if you are moving and notify us of your change of address by e-mailing email@example.com
- Please do not use bags acquired from neighbours or friends as they will not be collected. Only properties registered on the scheme will receive a collection
- Please ensure your purple bag(s) are out for collection by 7am on the day of collection
Addresses will be removed from the scheme after a maximum of 3 years. Customers will have to re-register after 3 years to remain on the scheme.
Need more bags?
Registered customers can obtain more purple bags online
Alternatively you can telephone 01443 425001
Inform us of a change of address
Let us know if you have moved to a new property within Rhondda Cynon Taf by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please try and inform us at least 1 week before you move as your collection day may also change.
Leave the nappy collection scheme
To leave the nappy collection scheme please email email@example.com
Please note: if you do not place nappy bags out for a period of 4 weeks, you will automatically be taken off the scheme.
From October 2019, we required all customers who use the purple bag collection services to re-register their details. Customers may not have their purple bags collected if they have not re-registered. You can re-register online or call us on 01443 425001.
If you have re-registered your details and your purple bag has not been collected please check your collection day as this may have changed.
Check your nappy collection day
If you have re-registered and checked your collection day and your purple bags have not been collected by 3pm on the day of scheduled collection you can report a missed collection online