Skip to main content

EU citizens that live in Rhondda Cynon Taf

What is the EU Settlement Scheme?

EU citizens and their family members are entitled to enter, live and work lawfully in the UK whilst the UK remains within the EU.

These rights are preserved during any transitional period that is agreed by the Government following the UK’s withdrawal from the EU.

The EU Settlement Scheme was set up by the UK government to enable EU citizens and their family members to establish their immigration status prior to the UK’s withdrawal from the EU and during the transitional period.

There is no fee for applying.

For more information the following links may help:

How can the Council help you?

To help EU citizens complete applications for settled or pre-settled status, the Government has developed an app:, which you can use to scan your ID using a phone, tablet or other device.

You can check to see if your phone or device is compatible with the app here – if it is not compatible, from 1st October 2019, the Council’s Registration Services, will offer ID Verification for all EU, EEA and Swiss citizens.

For more information please visit our registrars information

Please note that this is a scanning-only service – it does not guarantee the success of an application, and does not offer further advice on your application or status.

Community Cohesion Officers

The Council also has a team of Community Cohesion Officers whose role involves engaging with you, in particular they are able to provide you with guidance in respect of where to apply for the EUSS.